Barrels - 2

As the rider enters the arena, she has a choice of which barrel to approach first. In the post yesterday, Chesney's first turn was at the barrel nearest me. Emma Smith, the rider for the post today, used the far barrel as her first turn. The two approaches result in slightly different photography angles with pros and cons. The direction traversing Barrel 1 to Barrel 2 is either running away from my camera (yesterday) or racing towards my camera (today). Exiting the turn at the second barrel is one of the most intense moments as the second to third barrel leg is long and you see a lot of acceleration. I didn't get very good shots on the barrel closest to me due to the rail. From my position, I like when the near barrel is the first barrel. Like most things in photography, you can't do it all from a single position.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble