Why? Just Because I Guess

Don't ask me why but I decided to make a tree to hold a bottle of wine and a couple of glasses. The middle shelf actually dictated most of the dimensions to provide space and clearance for all three wine components (can accept a large bottle of wine). The result was a really tall structure. It sits at 30+" tall by 18+" wide (4" deep). I struggle in my mind if anyone would really like such a large decoration. There is plenty of room for garland or mini lights or other festive decorations. I have seen similar "trees" that have been surface burned with a torch and then painted red or green. I'm not sure I want any other finish than the simple wood - in this case reclaimed untreated cedar from Chris' back yard (required a lot of work!). I chose one of our favorite wines for the photo - a HEB-only red that has a kick of habanero pepper. Its sister wine is a white with a kick of jalapeno! They are great for cooking or drinking straight. I cut all of the components using measurements from a 3D model and they all fit together great! The third photo shows all three of the shop Christmas projects from the past week. These are pretty easy projects but they do consume a fair amount of wood. The fourth photo is the 3D model. No, I don't cut wood to the 1/64" but I am very precise to 1/16" and pretend to be good at 1/32". Some of this stuff is going to have to leave this house....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble