And Why Not Again

While making the board posted yesterday, I decided to make another "basic" board that had been on my list of styles to try. In some ways, it's just as easy to make two boards at the same time as one board since I am waiting on glue to cure for stretches of time. I'm already grubby and the shop is already messy so why not use that slack time to make another board? The key to multi-board construction is to have enough clamps! I had flattened and prepared a slab of 2" thick walnut (~10" wide by 40" long) several months ago. Obviously, the board is a brick and mortar pattern. It provided a few challenges in milling and gluing the maple mortar in order to keep everything as an end grain but it was simple in hindsight. This was an easy board to make. The final dimensions are roughly the same as the board shown yesterday (12 x 18 x 1-7/8). Just to answer any question in your head, no, I did not make a 3rd cutting board to show you tomorrow. 

I see small improvements needed if I ever make this board again. It is the curse of the creator to not be able to get very small boo-boos out of their head. It is a flaw of mine in both woodwork and photography. This board has a couple that will just have to be accepted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble