Eagle Pair

We continued our boat ride into the harbor area of the city near the bridge to Near Island. Josh spots a pair of eagles off to the side, stops the boat, and kills the engine. Naturally, the eagles are in dark shadows and in a crevice to boot. Being the raw amateur photographer I am, I don't double-check my camera settings where I had been shooting in much brighter open waters. I am caught in the moment seeing two eagles sharing a branch with a beautiful background. I get a few nice shots of them still and perched together (first photo). They may have been on a date and now they have been spotted (see that glance?). One of the eagles moves to another fork of the branch (second photo). Yep, I'm about to see flight. I love eagles in flight! What a majestic bird. Off he/she goes! Snap, snap, snap goes the shutter as one flies off and the other stays behind peeking around a branch (third photo). I'm tracking the fast moving bird and keep shooting (fourth photo). The action pauses and I take a quick peek at the back of my camera and quickly realize my wrong settings for in-flight shots (not a fast enough shutter speed). Terrible. Again, amateur mistake. I fix the mistake and keep watching the second eagle still on the original perch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble