Sunflowers - 1

A few days after my trip south to Navasota, I made an early morning sunrise trip north to Snook to photograph the sunflowers. I was very late in the sunflower season to be taking photographs as the flowers were clearly showing their age. Large sunflowers like these do not turn and track the sun during the day - just too big for that I guess. These are all facing east so a sunset shot would be better if trying to capture sky color but then the backlight wouldn't help highlight the flower colors/detail. The sunrise light is at my back in these shots and is warm, at a low angle, and directly into the flowers making for decent light. I always struggle a bit trying to decide how to capture the color, breadth, and detail of large fields. It seems like there is no "right" way and it becomes a matter of personal choice when selecting a favorite shot. I'm not good at that as I see good and less-good in most every shot I take. Here are three shots of the same field showing different perspectives. I'll share a few more in the next few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble