Canon Blasts

We were in Ft. Knox across the Fourth of July weekend visiting Chris and Lauren. A 4th event at an Army base/post is always special as we first experienced one at Ft. Rucker many years ago (circa 2007 or 8). We had great weather for the event this year in the middle of a little wet stretch across our visit. As they prepared the crowd for the fireworks show, they had patriotic readings and comments. We were a bit too far from the speakers to hear everything clearly but they began reading the names of each state in the order that they became part of The USA. After each state's name, a Howitzer (don't remember the size) was fired. They added an extra shot for all of the territories at the end. I decided to try and capture some of the canon shots. This camera made the work pretty easy after a few timing tests. Using the electronic shutter, it will capture 20 frames/sec so all I had to do was guess when the shot would happen and hold down the shutter. I ended up with a lot of boring photos just to get the few that I wanted. I did not have my long lens and the canons were way across the field. Again, the camera saved the day with a 45 M pixel sensor allowing me to crop and still maintain detail. I should add that we were fortunate with the wind direction keeping the smoke away from us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble