Red-winged Blackbird - 3 (final)

This message contains the last of the sequenced shots. Be sure to look at the last (4th) photo if nothing else. You see his prized lunch in his beak. Like many photos, I had no idea what was causing the chase at the time and was surprised to see the bug in the beak when I began my edits. I'm guessing it is a dragonfly just emerging from the nymph stage. You see the bird picking it off a short branch. Who knows what it was other than green but it took a lot of effort so it must have be a tasty morsel. I decided to add a 5th photo with a tighter crop of the bird/bug. The tighter crop highlights too much blur but maybe you can see the bug better if on a phone instead of a larger screen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble