A Night Heron and Update

A yellow-crowned night-heron from a few weeks ago heading into the Anahuac National Wildlife Reserve.


Two weeks ago, I decided to quietly stop the daily photo e-mails to see what would happen. In that time, a total of 3 people reached out to make sure there was not something wrong (prompted by the sudden stop of mail). To be clear, everything is fine. I had a feeling I was pushing unsolicited information to the majority of you and that was never the purpose. However, I think this test validates that feeling. The sudden stop of daily messages was probably a relief to your inbox.

I have slightly over 200 people on these daily e-mails. All but a very small handful asked to be put on the list. Each of you mean something to me and it is my desire is to stay in touch - but preferably not on a one-way street. To be honest, I never asked for replies or feedback. The posts were never about a showcase of talent (or lack thereof) but just a way to say you still count in my thoughts. I was just done (and still am) with routine posting on Facebook. I still go to FB and enjoy the updates from many of you.

My last message on May 2 marked 560 consecutive days of posts - well over 1500 photos through rain, shine, in town, out of town, sadness of death, and sometimes just not feeling great. If I were to guess, I would get a reply from less than 10 people per week and most of those were the same 5 - 7. Less than 10% (again a guess) of this list have made any contact in those 560 days.

If you are in that group of no contact, do not feel like I'm asking for a forced reply to this note. I do not need contact every day or even close. An occasional contact is always appreciated.

I will keep this list and send out photos and updates that I consider special -  probably just a few per month. As always if you wish to be taken off this list, all you have to do is ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble