The Woodlands Eagles - 1

I drove over to The Woodlands (just North of Houston) to meet up with friends and photograph a pair of eagles nested near the lake. I had been to that location for the same goal several years ago. It is my understanding that this nest had not been occupied for the past couple of years but this pair came back and made necessary repairs. They have a 3 week old chick in the nest according to the sources. This is a very well photographed and documented pair of eagles with a huge population and easy access to the birds. The challenge with photographing these birds is the patience required to capture something other than just sitting in a tree. A trip involves a lot of nothing happening interspersed with a few seconds of action and hoping you get your camera ready in time. Patience is not my forte. Just as I arrived, one of them flew from the nest to a nearby tree to join its mate for a few minutes. I didn't even have my camera out of the bag. So the first photo is them sitting in the tree surveying the land and watching traffic. After several minutes, one of them flew back to the nest and I was able to capture a few in-flight shots - the real goal of most photographers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble