2016 Waco Eagles - 01

I am traveling back to January 2016 again since I have no new/recent photos left to share. I really need to get out for practice if nothing else.

For the next several days, I will share photos from the most spectacular bald eagle photography adventure one could ever dream within a short driving distance of College Station. Spencer, my mentor, invited me to go to a location of a bald eagle nest outside Waco. The nest was high in a tree in a river bottom. The river bottom was about 75 - 100 feet below the surrounding bank/land. We had access to land on this high spot "near" the nest (about 75 - 100 yards from us) such that we were almost eye-level with the nest - something virtually impossible in normal situations. We sat in our chairs  close to the edge of the sharp drop-off, nestled behind trees/bush, and dressed in camo with cameras ready as we watched the eagle pair for 5 hours that day. I learned so much about how to take photos from this trip. I am forever in debt to Spencer for knowledge and memories of a lifetime.

I made a return trip to that location a couple months later but never had the shots you will see from this beautiful January day. A storm destroyed the nest a couple of years later and sadly, the eagles never rebuilt it.

Now, explain to me why I have never printed any of these photos???

One of my best bird-butt shots - something all bird photographers know too well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble