Hummers - 10

I guess yesterday was a test and everyone failed! I sent Hummers - 13 instead of Hummers - 10. I guess I failed in counting! I typically get a series of shots ready at the same time and leave them in my draft folder. Oh well, enjoy this one.

This is an interesting shot in that a single gorget feather catching the light of the sun to reflect back the characteristic red color to my lens. A very slight change in angle and his whole throat would have reflected the ruby color. As seen, there is always competition and posturing near the feeder. The second photo shows the gorget feathers reflecting a bronze color - not as brilliant as a red reflection but still pretty. A small change in angle and it would show ruby red.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble