Hummers - 08

This first photo is one of my all-time favorites of a hummer backside. I do not have a single photo like it in the many 1000's of photos I've taken over the years. The wings are touching and even a very slight cross at the tips - with such a graceful curve. Notice the green iridescent feathers on the head peeking through the base of the wings. I can only guess that this is the first wing flap in the transition from a hover into forward flight. The second photo is much more typical of what I see in a backside shot - pretty, but not unique. In a hover such as this, the wings are going back and forth but not all the way back touching like the first photo (at least I've never captured that range nor seen it in other's photos).

I hope you appreciate these as much as I do. Zoom in to see the details!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble