Hummers - 03

I encourage you to look at these photos at full resolution (zoom in).

When the lighting is right and I'm willing to take a lot of photos, I can reliably capture photos like these. It fascinates me to think someone sitting on their porch can capture such beauty. This in-flight feather detail cannot be seen (by me, anyway) with your eye. The first photo is at 1/3200 seconds exposure and the second is at 1/2500 seconds. These birds are moving fast yet the camera is maintaining focus at incredible speeds.

The amazing acrobatics of a hummer are in part due to their elbow and wrist bones being fused together and they rotate their wings in a figure 8 motion to hover and even fly backwards. Their motion is more like a helicopter than an airplane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble