Bourbon

Here is the obligatory photo of barrels and barrels of whisky (their spelling, not mine). The guide stated the bourbon is aged between 4.75 and 7 years - supposedly released by taste and not time. This is a very commercial tour full of brags and such - not my thing - by an overly enthusiastic guide - also not my thing. Despite these drawbacks, I enjoyed seeing the facilities though I recommend a weekday tour not in August so you can see the bottling and printing operations. The tour concluded in a tasting room with 5 different versions of Maker's Mark. Can I taste the difference? Yes. Is it significant enough for me to justify premium pricing for some? Not for my palette. No bottle followed my home at least in part due to flying the next day with carry-on only and that has liquid restrictions. Maybe I'll see/taste something different in a tour of another distiller in the future trip to Kentucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble