YMCA Building

The YMCA building is one of the icons of the university and is in many of my memories. Following a football win, the post-game yell practice is held on the steps of the building. The band marches from Kyle Field to the YMCA building and fills the steps and surrounding balcony. The yell leaders then hold yell practice (after being thrown in the fish pond) with a typically large crowd of fans from the stadium.

The side view of the building is also pretty.

Back in my day, there was no big ceremony involved in getting your Aggie Ring. It was a BIG deal but not the fanfare in today's ring delivery. I simply received a postcard in the mail that my ring was ready to be picked up in the basement of the YMCA building. The entrance to the basement is on the backside of the building shown in the next photo. As a sophomore transfer, I received my ring at a different time than my classmates so I simply stopped by the YMCA between classes and that was it. The event held now in the Association of Former Students building is much more special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble