Skeet

I have done practically nothing this summer - and that includes taking photos. The heat and severe drought has really taken its toll on my desire to get out. On 6/25, I was invited to go to a friend's land and shoot some skeet and any other guns. My first interest was skeet. Dad gave me his Ithaca 16 ga. pump that is just a blast to shoot. It is so much lighter than a 12 ga. without a huge loss in power. There is a reason a 16 ga. shotgun has the nickname of Sweet-16. There were very few skeet that hit the ground as all three of us were on our game that day. I do not have any photos of me shooting but I did capture a few of the other two shooters. I had not photographed skeet before so there was some guesswork taking place. This is my favorite photo of the day. He was shooting a double taking out the right one first (yes, he hit both). The target is still intact in this photo. You see the puff of smoke exit the gun and the wad approaching the target. You see a blur just in front of the wad. The second photo is a crop of the photo to better see this area. It shows the blur is the shotgun pellets on their way to the skeet. A shutter speed of 1/3200 wasn't enough to freeze the motion of the pellets but it was an unexpected bonus when I looked at the photo. You may wish to look at these photos in full zoom as the detail will be missing on your cell phone. You can also open the blog and click on the photos for a better resolution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble