Palo Duro Canyon - 01

Click on READ MORE for the full post. Click on the blog photo to see full size and detail. If leaving a comment, please provide a hint who you are.

We decided to take a hike in Palo Duro Canyon the morning after our arrival (letting Mom rest after the visitor surprises). The last time I did any hiking here was when Chris was a teenager and we repelled off some of the cliffs, hiked back up, and did it again. Prior to that, I had not done much hiking in the canyon since my late high school days. The canyon is beautiful but can be brutal with heat. That Friday morning was as good as we could ask with no weather systems and temperatures in the 60's climbing to around 80 by noon. I really wanted Josh and Lauren to do a little hiking while visiting.

I'm sure this rock formation has a name but I don't know what it is. It is not the lighthouse and is easily visible from the road. It remains one of my favorites.


Thanks,
Doug White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble