Gnatcatcher Sequence - 4 photos

Click on READ MORE for the full post. Click on the blog photo to see full size and detail. If leaving a comment, please provide a hint who you are.

After the blue-grey gnatcatcher finished his song in the redbud, he flew to a nearby oak tree. He was sitting for a second and then made a quick hop in the middle of me catching these three frames. This sequence is an example of one of the fun parts of reviewing photos after a shoot. Oftentimes, you don't know what detail you captured until you get home. Look closely at the third photo. You can see the bird catching a small bug - maybe a gnat? I took that third photo and over-processed it to try and reveal more detail. That edit makes for a terrible print photo but I believe it is further confirmation that the bird was likely catching a small bug. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


Thanks,
Doug White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble