Butterfly at Meridian State Park

Click on READ MORE for the full post. Click on the blog photo to see full size and detail. If leaving a comment, please provide a hint who you are.

As we were wrapping up our stay at Meridian State Park, this butterfly was in the area and there were no birds to photograph so you know what I did! I have searched the internet and have not found a good identification for this one. I guess the "dull" colors don't make the headlines of butterfly ID photos. The camouflage clearly makes it look like a dead leaf fluttering in the wind. This photo also wraps up the MSP photos and I'll be moving to a new location in the next note.


Thanks,
Doug White

Comments

  1. Hi, Doug. Perhaps that's a moth? I recently joined https://www.inaturalist.org/ and received quick ID help. I'm a sometimes birder and came across a plain bellied water snake, or so I was told. But iNaturalist reviewers determined it to be an American racer. Give them a try! --Suzanne D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzanne. I wondered the same and found this link:

    https://a-z-animals.com/blog/moth-vs-butterfly-the-8-key-differences/

    I'm pretty convinced it is a butterfly. I also joined iNaturalist and posted this photo without any comments so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please include your name in your comment so I know the author! Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble