Golden-Cheeked Warbler - 1

Click on READ MORE for the full post. Click on the blog photo to see full size and detail. If leaving a comment, please provide a hint who you are.

Little did I know that the central Texas area is the breeding ground for this endangered beauty. I have included a map for reference. The Meridian State Park northwest of Waco is one of the few public areas that you may be lucky enough to catch a sight of the bird. I will be sharing several photos of these wonderful songbirds.

Believe me, I have more bad photos than good. They are far enough away that the focus point in my viewfinder covers much of the bird. They are constantly on the move and often deep in the tree with branches in front of them making focus that much more difficult. This photography requires practice and I need more! My friend out-shot me by a mile but at least I got a few on this trip.

Thanks,
Doug White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble