BBSP White Ibis

Click on READ MORE for the full post. Click on the blog photo to see full size and detail. If leaving a comment, please provide a hint who you are.

After leaving the owls at the entrance, Pedro and I hiked a couple of the lake trails looking for anything interesting. As it was during spring break, the trails were busy with more people than I have seen in any of my trips to this park. Fortunately a lot of the wildlife are used to people around but I'm betting the people density impacted what we saw. Did I tell you I am looking forward to being free of the academic calendar?

This white ibis was fishing around in water next to the trails. They are a pretty bird with their colored legs, beak, and face all against the white feathers. Those blue eyes are also eye-catching (sorry, couldn't resist). This guy was poking around and I kept taking photos hoping to see a snail or crawfish in its beak. No such luck this time but still a nice photo.


Thanks,
Doug White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble