Bear With Me - Not My Photo

Click on READ MORE for the full post. Click on the blog photo to see full size and detail. If leaving a comment, please provide a hint who you are.

As I browse various folders of photos to decide what to post, I ran across photos downloaded from Lauren's (daughter) camera. She captured a bear scene that I totally failed to get. This photo is GREAT in my opinion - and hopefully yours too.

Obviously, this is from our bear viewing trip. You see the beautiful mountains of Katmai - something I sadly did not capture enough. You see the sow with her four cubs with a better perspective of the distance we were viewing them. Remember how I told you about the runt (size perspective is also in this photo) of the litter hanging way back of the group? This photo captures that scene perfectly to my memory. That is an adult boar in the background closer to the cub than the sow. Yes, I'm betting that gap could get closed quickly by the sow but I'm not confident in the odds of the cub surviving. Maybe we will get an update some day - fingers crossed. The photo also captures the marsh we were hiking through. You see the water and you get a little perspective of the height of grass. I'm still looking for a photo that captures the streams we had to cross....

Thank you, Lauren!!!

Thanks,
Doug White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble