New Semester - Full Moon

Tuesday was my last first day of a semester! I am ready to get this last semester rolling and completed. It seems only appropriate that the semester started with a full moon that will dwindle away. The moon will go through a few more cycles before I dwindle away but you get the idea! Once retired, I think it would be fun to try and capture the moon in all phases just to see what detail is there. I need more flexibility in schedule! It's coming - I must be patient - but I'm not good at patience.

I am always amazed at how much detail a camera can bring from such a long distance. I don't think this was a 100% full moon as you can see the horizon edge off to the right. Where the shadows block the moon, we can get a glimpse of the elevation of the moon surface. This photo was taken on 1/17/22 at 5:44 PM.

For perspective, here is a moon photo taken on 1/12/22 at 9:42 PM. This photo is rotated to get at least close to the rotation in the previous photo. I was laying on the ground shooting directly overhead for this one - not a position I like but it was a pretty moon and clear sky. In the lower left of this photo, you see a crater rim catching the last light before passing into darkness. In the photo above, you see little clue that such detail can be seen with just a change in light.

Stay in touch!
Doug White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble