Fossil Beach Wrap-up

I didn't take a lot of photos at Fossil Beach so this message will wrap up that portion of our trip.

Nature is amazing when you think about the ability of a beautiful flower to find a perch 50 feet up a cliff and survive. The face of this cliff was mostly vertical but this flower found a small indent with just enough soil and nutrients to bloom. There was nothing but rock anywhere near this flower.

This photo is an interesting rock formation at ground level behind the sandy beach. It is a phone picture as I didn't have a wide angle lens with me. Even with the phone, I struggled to get the entire formation in the frame while balanced on a nearby rock to get a little height - thus the nearly 45 degree angle. This rock looks like a squid to me. You see it's body, eye, and tentacles. I told Donnice and Lauren that I found a fossil and they needed to come see. I don't think they were as amused as me. It's not easy living with me.

Most of our adventures included Lauren and Josh's dog Penny. She adores her hikes and is super well-behaved. We had her pose on a log near some flowers to get a keeper portrait.


Stay in touch!
Doug White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble