Odds and Ends

At this point in the semester, this first photo is about what I feel like - hanging on by a thread! I'm in the peak grading cycle and way behind while still trying to get away from it for mind-health! I will probably not post much, if anything, for the next week. Hopefully by the end of the Thanksgiving break, my work will be complete until the start of the Spring semester.

The milkweed seed spreads via the wind using its light weight and thin hair as a sail. You see many, many seeds in the pod that has just split open. The seeds file out to the world like paratroopers exiting a C-130. If this guy wasn't the first out the door, there were not many in front of him! The next puff of wind dislodged the seed and it was off to find a new home. You see the next paratrooper up and getting ready with the army behind getting ready!

As I was walking back into the house, I see a squirrel getting a mid-afternoon snack of sunflower seeds. Obviously, I had to take a photo. My friend Mark calls squirrels rats with a bushy tail and better Public Relations. Regardless, I still like them in my yard!

Stay in touch!

Doug White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble