Charcuterie Board

When I picked up the piece of monkey pod for the cutting board shared a couple of days ago, I also bought a piece of live-edged walnut. It had bark on both sides and a nice sapwood edge with a symmetric center grain. When I was finishing the two cutting boards, I decided to go ahead and use this piece of walnut that had been sitting around for months to make a charcuterie board. As I was milling the board, I decided to add a cheese slicer to the board. Who wants slices of cheese that have been sitting on the board for an hour versus freshly sliced by you to whatever thickness you desire??? The finished board is 19" x 9" x 7/8" - a size OK for a party of two. I would need to find a larger board to support more guests. The total time spent on this board was 2 - 3 hours - a super easy project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble