Cardinal

Though a pretty common bird in Texas, a cardinal in full breeding colors is always nice to see. I struggle to decide if the fence post contributes or distracts in this photo. I usually prefer a shot with the full body of the bird but this shot has its own quality given the sharp detail of the cardinal's head - particularly his erect crest and very black mask. The "extra" darker coloration in his wings also makes this shot a bit different than other cardinals I have photographed. I was a little surprised by the deflection in the rope as I would have guessed the cardinal would not weigh enough to have much impact. Maybe is says more about the lightweight rope and proximity to the post than the cardinal's weight. Regardless, he's a good looking bird! Photographed at Anahuac NWR.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble