BTGW

Well, what does BTGW mean? How about Black-throated Green Warbler. We met friends back at Smith Oaks several weeks ago and this little guy was hopping around a large tree near the parking lot. He was not close, behind limbs, and in the shade - none of this is great for photos but I managed to get a couple of reasonable shots. There are a ton of warbler varieties that migrate through the coastal regions every spring. I don't get many shots of them as you need to be in the area during those short visits and we are just a bit far. They are also very small birds rarely in the open and even more rarely, still enough to grab focus and a shot. There are some really good photographers out there that "hunt" these birds. I'm more of a luck guy and was fortunate this day. Little did I know that my luck with this bird got even better in the afternoon (tease for future pics).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble