Ft Knox

Life Update: Today is my last day as an employee of TAMU though the last paycheck was June 1. Tomorrow starts my full time retirement job - essentially no change since mid-May but now official. Given the past 6 weeks, I will not have trouble staying busy as Donnice and I have had little spare personal time.

For the past several days, I have been helping our son and his wife move from Spring, TX to Fort Knox, KY. He is active duty ARMY for at least a year though he is still in Army Reserves. He just completed a 6 month tour (Jan - Jun) at Fort Knox without Lauren moving with him. He is excited about his job and as a bonus will get back into Blackhawk flight rotation. I drove his pickup with the trailer and flew back Monday. They are living on post in a house about as close to the gold vault as you can get. The photo of the depository was taken essentially from his front yard. It was an adventure getting everything moved but he wisely hired a lot of help packing and unpacking the vehicles and trailer. My old-man back is still intact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Wood Project

Springtime

Burst Bubble